Empowering young women to think creatively, problem solve collectively, and lead confidently through contemporary dance
JULY 10 - 14
at Harpeth Hall
5 - 7 pm
ages 12 -16
GIRL POWER CAMP REGISTRATION
New Dialect’s Girl Power Camp is a weeklong contemporary dance “laboratory” designed for girls and facilitated by our company of highly trained professional dancers and instructors.
During camp, young women are invited to join in a series of movement classes and choreographic games that work to foster self-awareness, self-confidence, creative expression, and group collaboration.
We believe dance has the power to connect us to ourselves and to each other, and we think contemporary dance is a wonderful means to empower the next generation of women to embrace creative leadership inside and outside of the dance studio.
Our goal is to nurture and encourage each girl’s experience with the creative process and inspire their understanding of contemporary dance on both a personal and collective level.
- explore mind body centering & grounding through group breathing and affirmation-based meditation
- investigate the visual art influences of color, line, and shape found in ballet and modern dance
- research using weight, fall & recovery, and rebound in partnership with other dancers
- develop nonverbal communication and decision making skills through group improvisation
- discover and build confidence in your own movement style through imaginative improvisation and theater games
- learn to create solos, duets, and group dances in a collaborative and supportive setting
- writing utensil
- water bottle
- healthy snack
- fitted sweatpants/warm up pants (no shorts)
- tank tops or t-shirts
- fitted cotton socks
- hair up off the face and out of eyes in a ponytail or similar style
Here's a map of Harpeth Hall's campus. The Francis Bond Davis Theatre is building 3.
As the map suggests, please use the Esteswood Drive entrance to access the Theatre.